X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report week ending 5-16

Week ending May 16, 2010

Tidal Potomac River

The first part of the week was slow due to the cold nights that returned to our region. But by the end of the week things got back on track again. I worked the southern end of the river but the wind muddied up a lot of the areas that I had been fishing so I moved north to the mid river area. The best fishing was a grass deal in Mattawoman, Quantico, and Occoquan. With the wind that we had you know I was throwing a Booyah spinnerbait; 1/4 ounce white, speed rolling it just under the surface. I also continue to get bass on a white Booyah Boogie Bait. I also did a little punching on Friday for just a short time with some good results. I was using a 1-ounce weight with a small YUM Wooly-Bug.

Lake Anna

No Report this week.

For more info on Lake Anna check out this site www.va-outdoors.com

Rappahannock River

No report here this week.

Other Places

Sponsor of the week: BPS Pro-Qualifier

I have always prided myself in being a versatile angler but admittedly so punching has not been a strong part of my game. I made myself a promise that I was going to change that. I found the perfect rod for it, the Bass Pro Shops Pro-Qualifier rod. Its the 7'6" heavy action model with an extra fast tip. I found a little grass bed this week on the Potomac that had some thick grass and a couple clients who wanted to punch. Needless to say this rod and me are going to have some fun this summer!!
Working...
X