Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report week ending 4-3

Week ending April 3, 2011

We were a little late in getting started this year but we're off and running.

Tidal Potomac River

No Report this week.

Lake Anna

I had a really good pattern working this past week until it fell apart on me Saturday during the BWS tournament. For the last 2-weeks I have been catching quality bass at the mouth of little spawning cuts and bays from the splits to Dukes Creek. They were very predictable and even bit post front on some days. Each staging area was different some would cough up only one bass some would produce an easy limit. The only thing was that as they moved back and forth adjusting to the fronts you could find one day these areas producing big females and on the next it would be over run with bucks. I caught most of my bass on XCalibur xt3-jerkbaits in a foxy-mama color and 4-inch YUM Houdini worms in watermelon rigged on a Booyah 1/4-oz football shaky-head. I look for these bass to make runs into these spawning cuts over the next two weeks leading up to the full moon which should just be off the charts good fishing. My best areas were Sturgeon and Dukes Creeks. I'm really impressed with the number of fish we are catching at the lake and quality fish at that.

For more info on Lake Anna check out this site www.va-outdoors.com

Rappahannock River

No report here this week.

Other Places

Sponsor of the week: YUM

When I placed my order with PRADCO I made a big mistake. I didn't order any YUM Houdini worms in watermelon. But I didn't know that I was going to go through 8 packs of them in the last two weeks at Anna. Enough said!
Working...
X