Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report week ending 5-15

Week ending May 15, 2011

I apologize for the absence of our reports 2 weeks of some serious turkey hunting got in the way. But this past week I was out practicing for the Bassmaster Weekend Series tournament and just flat out rocked the bass. My biggest problem for the tournament was which spot I was going to fish.

Tidal Potomac River

I started south this week and worked my way up the river. The wind laid down and the water cleared and the melee started. Good mixture of spawning and post-spawn fish throughout the river with a few pre-spawners coming on this full moon. (This will be an exceptional week on the river.) A white Booyah Boogie Bait and a XCalibur Xcs100 in chartreuse with a black back were the top moving baits this week. I did well flipping a YUM F2 Wooley Bug in the big O color and working a YUM F2 green pumpkin Dinger over the grass letting it settle into the pockets. The best areas were inside the creeks on grass from Chickamuxen to Broad Creek.

Lake Anna

No report this week.

For more info on Lake Anna check out this site www.va-outdoors.com

Rappahannock River

No report here this week.

Other Places

Sponsor of the week: The Sportsman Center

Todd Neale is the owner of the Sportsman Center and he is one of the most valued boat shop owners in the state. This guy flat out does it all; repairs seats, carpet, trolling motors, livewells, sells and installs power poles, he will even install a console on a Nitro Z-9 and make it look easy. A specialty is pontoon boat makeovers. His regular customers will tell you Todd Neale and the Sportsman Center is indispensable. I concur! Contact Todd at 703-583-0300.
Working...
X