• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report week ending 6-5

Week ending June 5, 2011

Tidal Potomac River

No Report this week.

Lake Anna

Hit the lake this past week and got in on the tail end of the shad spawn bite up in the North Anna. Very surprising technique that we relied on to catch some chunks. After wearing out a Booyah spinnerbait and Pip Zqueek buzzbait we started flipping with a YUM F2 Craw-Papi in their new bream color and we started catching them. I had just re-tied and didn't feel comfortable with the way the knot cinched up but decided to chuck it anyway yep broke off a good one, yep knot come loose, yep I'm a dummy. So I picked up a lizard I had rigged Texas style and started swimming it hole to hole. They just started blasting that thing while it was on the move through the grass, only a couple hit it as it fell in the pockets. Thought I was on the Potomac for a brief moment. Stayed in the North Anna grass all day. With the heat look for the deep bite to pick up this week.

For more info on Lake Anna check out this site www.va-outdoors.com

Rappahannock River

Hit the Rapp for the first time this year and WOW we had a good time. Best fishing was around Port Royal. We targeted lay-downs and creek mouths and did well on both. Biggest fish was around 5 pounds. Top lures were Rebel Deep Wee-R in a bone and orange color and fire-tiger caught a few as well. We also did well on a YUM 4-inch blue-fleck ringworm. The bass are well on their way to summer patterns in this area of the river.

Other Places

Sponsor of the week: Rebel

Most everyone knows I'm a big fan of the Rebel Wee R series. But the bone and orange color pattern they produce is old school and really good old school. One of the best crankbaits on the market and has been since the 1960's
Working...
X