Jim Hemby Report: Nathan, again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jim Hemby Report: Nathan, again

Friday, January 29th, 2010: Cloudy and COLD, Water Temperature 48* and Clear.
    Got a call from Nate today at 11am, he had been out with me on Wednesday and was dying to get out this afternoon before the snow storm hit and so was I so I went to the lake to catch bait and he met me at the dock about 2. After throwing for bait for two hours I was frozen so I sat in his warm car for a half an hour to warm up then we hit the water. Bait had been tough so we looked some more and threw some more with no success. About 3:30 I had enough and set out some boards and did a power pull over a few flats. On our first pull we had 3 hook ups and we constantly kept busy either fighting fish, putting lines out or taking fish off the hooks. By 5 we the action slow a little and we called it quits, got our lines in and headed back to the warmth of our vehicles. The gull are diving on a school of bait that is being driven to the surface by a school of Stripers. When we pulled our spread through this area all our baits got hammered. Nate is holding a few of the fish we caught, it was too late to take the time to string up all the fish.

Very nice Jim. You guys are tough.
    2013 Frog Only Tournament Winner
    2010 Tie for VA-Outdoors Angler of the Year
    2009 Caroline County Rotary Club Tournament Winner
    2007 Tuesday Night Classic Champions
    "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."
    sigpic

Comment

Tough enough to be VAO members, lol. Awesome report and ya very tough.
      2010 VAO Polar Bear Overall Winner
      2010 VAO Polar Bear Big Striper

sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X