10/28 Trip To PA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10/28 Trip To PA

PJ and I loaded up the Duracraft and headed north this morning for the old susky. We heard the big girls where starting to feed. Wanted to see if we could repeat the April trip. We was on the water by 7:30 with a gauage at Harrisburg being at 4 ft and water temp of 58 degrees. The water was clear through out the entire river system with able to see bottom in 7ft of water. Started throwing tubes and some jerkbaits at them. Loaded a couple up on the fire tiger jerk bait.

We was fishing some deeper ledges and mid river structure with the baits. Switched up and started throwing the spinner bait and the second cast a 17" football crushed the spinner bait on the fall without even one crank of the handle. We started throwing some zoom flukes and loaded up a 16" football on that also.

Mother nature knew we was fishing for the wind kicked up pretty good and we decided to head up river and find some more ledges. We bumped our way up river and the second ledge we came up to started with the spinner bait and loaded up another football that was fat. PJ loaded up on what we thought was a nice smallie and when we netted the fish it was a 19" Walleye. Tried to get PJ to lip it but no takers. It was a nice suprise for the both of us.

We fished some more ledges and ended up boating 10 fish all together. The wind was horrible and shorten our trip up some due to the trolling motor batteries going weak. It was another great day on the Susky.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ff4145; 10-28-2010, 06:57 PM.
    www.shenandoahvalleybass.com

sigpic
    sigpic

Congrats on the nice outing - never have fished the susky, although I lived in Mechanicsburg from '79 - 81......pics look good once I turned my laptop side ways.
    Ranger Z520C Mercury XPS 250
    sigpic

Comment

My computer abilities are not good.:Agree::

sigpic
      sigpic

Comment

Nice smallies. Keith, if PJ can't go with you next time, give me a call. I would love to get back on the susky. Maybe we can throw some of the Mad Bass baits at them.:Party:
        www.denalirods.com

sigpic

Comment

Nice job - looks like fun.
          Wishin' I was fishin'...
          www.lds.org

https://www.instagram.com/lundeerik/

sigpic

Comment

nice job on the littlemouths
            sigpic
            VA Outdoors Tournament Director

Comment

Originally posted by ff4145 View Post
              My computer abilities are not good.:Agree::
              Mine aren't the best either......if I had a choice, I'd pick fish catchig skills over computer skills any day - nice job again.......
              Ranger Z520C Mercury XPS 250
              sigpic

Comment

Nice job, dude.
                ~Tight Lines~
                www.facebook.com/lane.hariu

sigpic

Comment

Those r some good lookin bronzebacks. Reminds me of my days on the New River. Great Job!

Comment

Thanks for the great comments guys. Yeah i hear the New River is great place to fish for smallies too. I would love to make it down there and try it too. If any you guys have never been to the susky and fished it i would highly recommend it. Corey we will have to get together and go up their and try it out.

sigpic
                    sigpic

Comment

how big was the marble eyes? mmm mmm those r good in a skillet!
                      sigpic
                      sigpic

Comment

Marble Eyes i am lost there unless you are talking about the walleye. I would guess it was about 19", we released it and then thought about we should have measured it.

sigpic
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X