No announcement yet.

Want my concealed weapon permit, don't have my Hunters Safety Course papers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes sir I went online to state police to see what was required for a concealed permit, there were many but 1 was havingva Virginia hunter safety course. Of course you will still go through a criminal back ground before it is given to you.
    2017 Ironman winner
    2019 Polar Bear winner

Comment

Originally posted by skeet1 View Post
      Yes sir I went online to state police to see what was required for a concealed permit, there were many but 1 was havingva Virginia hunter safety course. Of course you will still go through a criminal back ground before it is given to you.
      Dang it Carl.Background check? Really?....Don't tell anyone from Texas law enforcement you know me.....They'll drag me back to Texas for sure and I'll have to go to friday night High School football games with family again and church on sundays, give up my whoolo, and drive a beatup pickup and root for some Texas College team......I am so guilty of missing so many of my family reunions...its a crime there ya know...
      cheers,
      Steve

2011/2013 St Jude's Charity Tournament Champion
      Bass East Big Bass Challenge winner of 11-12 and 12-1 hours.

sigpic

Comment

The best thing about the Hunter's Safety Course is it is free. The bad thing is, even with the online portion, it is a long course. I didn't know if $50 or so would be worth it for folks for a three hour course rather than the longer government run courses.
        2010 VAO Fling Before Spring Overall Winner

sigpic

2010 LAPR/VAO 150 Series Champion
        Walmart BFL All-American Qualifier

Comment

Originally posted by offbelew27 View Post
          The best thing about the Hunter's Safety Course is it is free. The bad thing is, even with the online portion, it is a long course. I didn't know if $50 or so would be worth it for folks for a three hour course rather than the longer government run courses.
          I'd do it just for the fun of shooting, which I assume would be part of your course?
          cheers,
          Steve

2011/2013 St Jude's Charity Tournament Champion
          Bass East Big Bass Challenge winner of 11-12 and 12-1 hours.

sigpic

Comment

Optional part Squire. If you want to do some shooting let me know and we can get together anytime you want....for free :O)
            2010 VAO Fling Before Spring Overall Winner

sigpic

2010 LAPR/VAO 150 Series Champion
            Walmart BFL All-American Qualifier

Comment

It can be fun slinging some lead at targets
              2017 Ironman winner
              2019 Polar Bear winner

Comment

Mark - recommend doing the course. Think you'd see plenty of business.
                sigpic

Comment

If you took it in Virginia , if you remember when and where tyhey may be able to find it for you and send it to you. Google it and it will tell you what the procedure is to see if VGIDF has it.

Comment

It literally took me 15 minutes to take the course online, then off to courthouse and done!

Comment

I never had a Virginia hunting license in my life, NEVER took a safety course in my life. I took exam online, went to Courthouse and turned in certificate, two weeks later I had my permit, never even fired the gun in front of anyone. Actually was dumbfounded that it was so simple, kinda scary actually!!

Comment

Working...
                      X