cell phone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cell phone

Im thinking of steping into the modern age and getting a smart phone. a droid to be specific. Just curious of there are any horror stories or phones to stay away from. And anything specific i should look for
    mike c
    sigpic

"They call Mike the tin man, not because he has an aluminum boat but because he has no heart..." ~ Squire

Get an iPhone it will never work when you need it to and you can always complain about it - thats why I love mine!

Comment

The wife has the HTC droid incredible, she loves it, and has had no issues with it other than having to swap out the original battery with the extended life battery, but verizon did that for no charge. She is hard on phones but this one is holding up well.

I am thinking about getting one myself, will probably wait for verizon to come out with the 4g phone.
      sigpic

Comment

I have a friend with a droid and he likes it a lot. I don't think he has ever had any problems with it, atleast no major issues yet.
        sigpic

Comment

Mike, I got an HTC Hero and really enjoy it. I'm typing this reply on it now. I've had no issues other than some lag from time to time. Very handy, and fun to have for sure.
          Wishin' I was fishin'...
          www.lds.org

https://www.instagram.com/lundeerik/

sigpic

Comment

thanks guys. while rooting thru all the apps,i must say there are some awesome ones out there and i like the price for a few of them...ie free.
            mike c
            sigpic

"They call Mike the tin man, not because he has an aluminum boat but because he has no heart..." ~ Squire

Comment

iPhone all the way for me. Neither my wife or I have had any issues with our phones. However, everybody that I know that has a Droid seems to like them. I don't think you could go wrong with either the iPhone or Droid.

STAY AWAY from ANY Windows based OS phones!!!!! JUNK JUNK JUNK

It would be nice if there was a VAO app....hint hint hint....:ROFL:
              ~Tight Lines~
              www.facebook.com/lane.hariu

sigpic

Comment

Mike,
                i have the droidx and it is great. Our company just switched from sprint to verizon and we have a contact that can also get you a good deal, like insurance for $3/month and a few bucks off the phone. text me and i send you his info. If you get one make sure you get the weatherbug app. it has realtime radar and you can keep an eye on thunder storms during the summer months on the water and avoid them.
                rgs,
                b
                sigpic

Comment

The Navionics apps pretty cool too, and I've used them several times on the rivers and lakes now. Very handy at helping me get around without a real GPS unit. That being said, you got a little Navionics chip in your head, so you won't need those.
                  Wishin' I was fishin'...
                  www.lds.org

sigpic

Comment

i really like alot of the apps im hearing about. i also think its cool that if you buy an app you buy it for life and its transfered to the new phone when you upgrade..
                    so the weatherbug app
                    nav app.
                    and pandora and slacker since i like music.
                    what other apps do you guys like
                    mike c
                    sigpic

Comment

My top ten apps are as follows, Mike.

1. Weather Channel
                      (Good severe weather alerts based on your current location)

2. WeatherBug
                      (As stated above, great live time radar)

3. Facebook
                      (Obvious reasons)

4. BB&T
                      (Gives me total banking control)

5. Shazam
                      (Identifies a song by listening to it)

6. Sound Hound
                      (Same as Shazam but has some different features)

7. 5-0 Radio
                      (Police, Fire, & Rescue scanner)

8. Scanner911
                      (Police, Fire, & Rescue scanner)

9. Fios DVR Manager
                      (Duh)

10. ESPN SportsCenter

I have a ton on my phone, but even more in my iTunes. These are just the ones I use on a daily basis.

The one thing I do enjoy about my phone is the fact that it is also an iPod. Given that I have an iPod interface on my truck, boat, nightstand, and home theater system, it makes life a little easier to consolidate a few electronic devices into one unit.
                      ~Tight Lines~
                      www.facebook.com/lane.hariu

sigpic

Comment

There's also 'fishin2go'. I have the lite (free) version and have caught some monsters with it.

Iheartradio.com for music at work, Tetris, a flashlight and a couple other games for my kids to keep them busy on car rides and stuff.
                        Wishin' I was fishin'...
                        www.lds.org

sigpic

Comment

Mike yesterday my blackberry took it's last drop on a sidewalk. Was a great phone for two years so I went to Verizon to get a new blackberry and ended up with the droid x.
                          The best part about the droid is all the free apps. I dont know about iphone (but if it is like the ipod nothing is free) but the blackberry has very little free. So far i love the droid - my favorite thing is when u take a pic you can email yourself a google map of where the pic was taken and it will give you the gps coords. awesome for fishing - my blackberry did it but it cost 9.00 - on droid it is free. Now if would just make one I couldnt break ...
                          sigpic

CHUCK n DUCK

Comment

There is one thing i hate - it talks when it rings - can that be turned off - I havent found out how to fix that yet - but there has to b a way.
                            sigpic

CHUCK n DUCK

Comment

think you will need to find a 10 year old. it should take then about 3 seconds to figure out how to turn it off. at least that my experience...lol
                              mike c
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X