James River Islands guy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James River Islands guy

I was suprised to see this article in Richmond Times Dispatch paper this morning. Three years ago on an Easter Sunday my brother in law and I went into the rapids of the James River in his boat to fish and Tony came out of the woods to tell us there were no fish in the area we were fishing in. We invited him on the boat to show us where to go and he took us around "his island," Vauxhall at the time, to another area. He was a very nice man and really seemed to have his head together. And he said the exact same thing as in the slideshow.

Oh, and we caught some nice fish too!

Some big catfish - some of the biggest flat heads I have seen in the James are swimming all around Belle Isle

Comment

If I came across that island with those guys, I think they would have scared the crap out of me

Comment

Actually we thought the same thing, probably spent a good 2 hours or more running through the rapids (it was a River Rat jet boat to be precise), he was showing us all the places he wanted to go but couldn't since he had no boat. He even gave us a few beers. He was just super nice and didn't smell at all.

Comment

Working...
        X