MLB hit by pitch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLB hit by pitch

After the recent antics between the Diamondbacks and Pirates (Pirates hitting Paul Goldschmidt, and the Diamondbacks hitting Andrew McCutchen), maybe MLB should have a stiffer punishment for pitchers who hit a batter, especially if the pitcher gets tossed from the game because the umpire saw that it was intentional. Paul Goldschmidt is out for the rest of the season with a broken hand. Andrew McCutchen has a broken rib.

This brings me to another point as an O's fan...If MLB won't do anything about it, clearly the batter should be able to throw his at you. If you are throwing a 90+ mph fastball at me on purpose while I'm standing there defenseless, why can't I throw my bat at you? Maybe there would be less batters hit by pitches if the pitcher knew that a bat may come flying back at him...
    sigpic

My baseball watching has almost been non-existent lately. I think the game has so many problems and baseball has so many image related issues. Selig has destroyed the sport by being spineless and the money is driving drug use regardless of the fines and suspensions - who else gets signed to the biggest contract of their life after a 50 game suspension. There just isnt any real deterrent regarding drugs are intentionally hitting a batter. Cant wait till Selig is gone.

Comment

Ive always felt if you hit a batter and its deemed as retaliation. The pitcher should be suspended until the player returns
      sigpic

"They call Mike the tin man, not because he has an aluminum boat but because he has no heart..." ~ Squire

Comment

I always enjoy a good frackus now and again. In fact I am a huge fan of many of the unwritten rules and find it to be a big part of the lore of baseball. Most pitchers are capable hitting a batter in places where it won't hurt as much and certainly after some situations batters have to be expecting to get beaned. Just the way it is.

Comment

They should make the pitcher bat in the American league and then see if some of that craziness gets cut back. If your pitcher beans our best hitter and then goes out of the game then tomorrow your pitcher will get hit. That would cut some of that out I think.
          Eric

2004 Fishers of Men VA-East Division Champions

sigpic

Comment

I love baseball, have since I was a kid. I like to see a good brawl occasionally, adds spice.

I agree they should bring the smoke on the people using the juice, would love to see some lifetime bans for 2d offense. This "I didn't know what I was taking" defense wont cut it. If I pop hot on a drug test at work they could care less how it got there, I'm done. Baseball should be the same.

Comment

Is baseball going on right now?
              Wishin' I was fishin'...
              www.lds.org

https://www.instagram.com/lundeerik/

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gnfsnva View Post
                Is baseball going on right now?
                Not for Red Sox fans!!!
                sigpic

Comment